I made this last year/new year. Should have posted but you know how I procrastinate *sigh*.
I promise you this recipe is super simple. I made some modifications to the original recipe which I have linked below.
I added nuts (cashew and almonds), substituted applesauce for unsweetened yoghurt and reduce the amount of sugar.
I hope you give it a try! Oya!
Super Easy Carrot Cake Recipe
- Hand Whisk
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 2 cups Wheat flour (or all purpose) Spoon and leveled
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 large Eggs Room temperature
- 2/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Natural Unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Grated Carrots Lightly packed, approx. 2 or 3 large carrots
- 1/4 cups Chopped Almonds optional
- 1/4 cups Chopped Cashew Nuts optional
- Preheat Oven 350F. Grease baking pan with butter and dust with flour. Pan size: two small pans or 1 large springform pan
- In a large bowl, whisk together the: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt until well combined. Set aside
- In another bowl, whisk together: oil, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, yoghurt and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Add grated carrots and nuts into wet ingredients and mix (do not over mix)
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with a whisk or spatula. Take care not to over mix
- Pour batter into pan(s) and bake until the top of cake is set and a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. This should take about 30 - 45mins
- Remove and allow to cool. Cut into desired size and ENJOY!
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out.
*I need to take better pictures ;(*